Don’t get stuck in a dating rut this summer… Ditch the usual dinner date with your other half and try one of these 20 cheap summer date ideas that won’t break the bank!
1. Go to a beer or wine festival – summer months are the most popular for fairs and festivals because of the great weather. Look up your local calendar of events, pick one out and enjoy it with your sweetheart.
2. Go to yard sales together – you can find really great items at yard sales you won’t be able to find anywhere else. Create a fun scavenger hunt list to create a little friendly competition between the two of you and wager a sensual massage or favor.
3. Check out the farmers market – head on over to your local farmers market and pick out fresh ingredients to make a healthy lunch or dinner together.
4. BBQ for two – hang out while you two grill together then enjoy dinner al fresco
5. Plan a picnic – Gather some small bites such as sandwiches, cheese and olives with a bottle of your favorite wine in a picnic basket and head to the park. The [easyazon_link asin=”B000QT3HOQ” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”lovetipsandad-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]All In One Picnic Travel Backpack Plates Cutlery Set[/easyazon_link] comes complete with everything you need for a picnic including plates, goblets, flatware, a cutting board, napkins and much more!
6. Go to a carnival – carnivals make their rounds usually around the summer months so head over and let your love win you a prize and share a sweet treat together!
7. Biking – Take in the sights of the neighborhood or a nearby park on bike with your significant other. If you don’t have your own bikes, you can usually find somewhere to rent them for pretty cheap.
8. Hit the hiking trails – Explore local hiking trails together. Try to pick one with a fantastic view for a romantic setting.
9. Play some mini golf – Head to the miniature golf course for a round with your sweetie.
10. Camping – Spend time together, just the two of you, in wilderness. Snuggling up by the campfire makes for a super romantic night.
11. Fishing – You don’t have to be a pro to catch a fish or two. Get some bait and polls then head to a quiet spot for a relaxing afternoon with your date.
12. Ultimate frisbee – play a round of ultimate frisbee or golf at your local park
13. Grab some ice cream – Going to an ice cream parlor is a great date idea during the summer to cool off and enjoy chatting with one another.
14. Stargazing – Spread out a blanket on the ground at the park or in the yard for you and your date to lay and admire the stars for awhile. Summer time is the perfect time to catch clear skies with shooting stars and showers.
15. Bonfire – Heat things up by making a bonfire on the beach or in your backyard to snuggle and watch with your love
16. Feed the ducks – Take a stroll in the park and then head over to feed the ducks
17. Fly kites – Kites are fairly inexpensive so pick one up and head to the park or beach on a windy day.
18. Watch the sunset together – Cuddle and watch the sunset together. It’s free and super romantic!!
19. Paintball – You can find fairly cheap paintball deals on sites such as Groupon. Play against each other for some friendly competition or join the same team to bring you closer. Find the Best Daily Deal in Your Neighborhood!
20. Hit the road together – take a quick road trip to change your surroundings and explore something new together.